Friday, August 7, 2009

The Apple Tree



As the first post with actual photographs to this blog, I am sure this is not what everyone was expecting. Let me explain. This apple tree happens to have produces one of my favorite photographs up to this point in my life. Did you really look at this photo? What kind of tree has apples all clustered together on it like this? What happened that there are no leaves on this tree but all these apples stayed put? It is bizarre and beautiful. The apples on the branches dance up the tree and spiral around. I bet that is exact how your eye moves around this photo. My eyes love images like this. I saw this tree while I was in a car driving by it. Two seconds later the image was flashing in my mind. Bizarre...beautiful...bizarre...beautiful. Almost panicked I blurted out "Can we go back?!" Without questioning or hesitation, the car was turned around and stopped on the side of the road where the tree was. It speaks to me... and crave apples.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool picture!! I love it in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have a blog so I can watch your cute kids grow, but I'm also happy you're following your passion! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete